Tuesday, April 5, 2011

College Bound

I'm headed for Smith in the fall, barring serious illness or death.

This is a subject on which I have incredibly mixed emotions. I found out on December 15th and proceeded to jump around happily and call my friends/lovers/boss/relatives.

Now, though, I'm thinking of all the colleges that might have been. My parents were completely apathetic about the whole college process, so to cut down my work I just applied to Smith College Early Decision I (which means if I get accepted and can pay, I must go) and then got in.

Alternatives: Wesleyan University, New York University, Sarah Lawrence College, Maryland Institute College of Art, Reed College, Pomona College...


What if I were going there? Would I be any happier, any more content? Or would my feelings be exactly the same? Is this just my nature? I'm never going to find out, and that terrifies me.

But, if worst comes to worst, there's always the option to transfer. Nothing is concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment